Thursday, April 8, 2010

All your life you've never seen a woman taken by the wind

Picture: Johnston Atoll...because I just think that an airstrip in the middle of the Pacific is the coolest thing ever. The thought of flight scares me - especially over oceans. But whenever I get on a plane, all the fear goes away. I think because I've flown so much in my life that it all-of-a-sudden becomes natural. I'm not like Mr. Weasley: "My goal in life: to learn how planes stay up!"

Today is bitterly cold. Okay, so upper 30's shouldn't be considered "bitter," but compared to the low 70's we've had lately, it's quite a shock. It wasn't until about five minutes before I left for work that I realized I probably shouldn't wear flip-flops today...and thankfully grabbed a fleece to go along with my thin, cotton cardigan.

My bosses are both on vacation today and tomorrow and that means work is soooooo sloooooow. To save me from the monotony, Dan took me to Pizza Hut today for their lunch-time buffet. So right, and oh-so wrong. Last post I mentioned trying to get my running core back...ha! Thanks 'za and breadsticks. You're really helping with that. While we were there we encountered a wealth of obese people and one man with the worst body odor I've ever smelled. It seriously made me not want to eat. No joke.

Before we went to Seattle, my alarm would buzz at 4:40am and I'd be up and around in two shakes of a lamb's tail. But now...that's not so much the story. I've been waking up groggy and non-motivated. This must end. I'm giving myself on good, long sleep-in day this weekend to hopefully shake the last of this jet lag or whatever it is. (It's embarrassing that, as a missionary kid, I could possibly be suffering jet lag from a four hour time change...almost a week after the fact. Humiliating.)

Anybody watching American Idol this year? I am...slightly. I was sad to see Didi go, mostly because I only remember what she sounded like singing Rhiannon (shout out to this post's title). And come on...who out there totally called that the judges were going to use their one save on Michael Lynche...and that for his last chance, he'd sing the song that made Kara Dioguardi cry the first time? Predictable as an early 90's sitcom.

Last night I did four loads of laundry. Booya.

My dad sent me an email forward for Easter...nothing really to do with Easter besides the eggs theme. It had these pictures and they were worth a little laugh:











Just because I love the song...

"Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night,
and wouldn't you love to love her?
Takes through the sky like a bird in flight,
and who will be her lover?"

No comments: