Saturday I finally planted my little flowers for the year. Since all we have is a small deck and almost complete shade, it was impatients and vinca vine again this year. I don't mind - it turned out so pretty and full last summer. Before the flower adventure, I decided to take a run in Byron and got PRETTY sweaty and gross. (I kept getting whiffs of myself all day until I showered and I was even grossing myself out.) My father-in-law saw that I bought flowers that morning and eyed me up and down and said, "Did you go like that?" Um, yes I did. People run errands on Saturday morning before showering...it's just what you do! Don't judge me.
Monday morning we were battered by a thunderstorm. My poor little flowers were getting pummeled by water overflowing from the gutter. At 6:45am I was in my knee-length bathrobe and rain jacket, out on the deck pouring water out of my delicate little buds. (I'm resting on the hope that nobody else was out there because if they were, they definitely got a show.) Anyway, I went back to bed and woke up at 10:00 with the insane thought that it would be a good idea to run (I'm thinking it's because I had the mindset that, since I just woke up, the temperature would be equivalent to about...7am). I ran about 3/4 of a mile and felt like I was running through a literal rainforest. It was AWFUL. So I stopped.
I hope everyone had a restful Memorial Day! I love three day weekends when the holiday is Monday. Not only do you get three days, but then a four day work week to look forward to. A double whammy...in a good way! Dan and I didn't do anything Memorial Day-ish because we knew everyone and their mothers would be at Lake Michigan or any local park. So...to escape the heat box that is our apartment and help the time pass, we did what any slightly boring married couple would do...spent two hours at an air conditioned bookstore looking at magazines. Then we got crazy and decided to peruse the mall. Which, incidentally, ended excitedly because Dan found some hamburger seasoning at Williams Sonoma. (Oh it's so sad that that really IS exciting to me.) Since we were having burgers that night, it worked out perfectly. And let me tell you...that stuff is dang good!
Next weekend Dan and I are being treated to a trip to Mackinac (pronounced Mackinaw) Island by Dan's parents! We usually go to a Detroit Tigers game as a family, but Dan and I said we couldn't justify spending that much of our budget on a hotel room for the overnight stay. So...instead, Dan's mom decided to treat us (and Jessie & Ramon) to a family trip! I've never been, but it should be fun...hopefully. I'm thinking some pictures are in order for that one.
This jacket was passed from my sister to my mom to me. It came in the mail the other day and fits like a glove! I'm excited to fall to come so I can wear it! (Fall...time seems to pass alarmingly fast when Dan doesn't have a job.)

1 comment:
If it IS sad that the Williams Sanoma seasoning was the highlight of your Memorial Day, I will gladly join the "sad seasonings" club! A neighbor said of Matthew this weekend, " No man has ever been more proud of meat he cooks than Matthew." New seasoning would be like Christmas. Especially from that store! Oh, and I ALWAYS run errands looking and smelling disgusting. Even if I try not too, I get sweaty running the errands and thus, fulfill the prophesy.
Post a Comment