The later hours of this morning have passed in a blur. I got a somewhat surreal and upsetting phone call from my husband regarding some family issues. Nothing wrong, everything's fine physically. Just an awkward situational position that neither of us realized we were in. To spare everyone's privacy, I won't go into detail. We're not happy campers. Changes will need to be made. I miss my parents.
The holiday weekend was kind of anticlimactic to say the least. With the 4th falling on a Sunday, it seemed like some places did fireworks Saturday night, some did them Monday night...not to mention our usual parade was canceled...so the weekend passed with minimal festivities. Saturday we went to Dan's grandma's cottage to grill burgers and watch fireworks. Sunday we spent at home, quietly reading and having burgers...AGAIN for the actual 4th. By Monday I'd finished Twilight: New Moon and was desperate to start Eclipse. Just my luck I'd finish on a National Holiday when the library was closed. So we headed to Barnes & Noble and I felt no shame in reading the first 200 pages while sitting on a bench in the magazine section. NO shame.
Today is a scorcher. The high is 92. For the south, that's not hot. For the upper Midwest, let me tell ya. That's H-O-T. We may have to think of something outside the apartment to do tonight...something involving an air conditioned building. Maybe ride bikes? At least the wind in our faces would cool us down...a smidge?
This weekend I think I'm going to see Eclipse by myself. (I NEED alone time.) Next weekend is our anniversary Tom Petty concert...already! Then the NEXT weekend, I go home! I'm excited to be with my mom and sisters, but also really sad to be leaving Dan, especially with all the stuff going on right now with the family (see aforementioned issues in paragraph 1). Did I mention I'm going to see Eclipse this weekend?...That means that I'll be watching Twilight and New Moon two evenings this week. I'm, uh, pretty excited. On that note...this is for you, Dan. So true, so true...
I've been a horribly lazy and slovenly person the past week and a half. It has GOT to stop. The heat, which keeps me up at night, makes it that much harder to wake up at 4:40am. Hence, I miss my exercise, my devotions, my morning up-before-the-world time...and the day just starts poorly. I'm making a decision here and now to be active in the evenings when I don't gym it up in the mornings. Those days maybe oh-so frequent, seeing as I may have to cancel my gym membership.
Ugh. Why is life so stressful right now. I'm hoping this is God bringing everything to a point for me before He unleashes His plan and gives Dan a job :) "What would we be without wishful thinking..."

No comments:
Post a Comment