I usually title posts with song lyrics that I'm listening to, or that I've listened to lately. For the next two weeks though, I see myself titling posts with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows quotes...because...well...that's what I'll be listening to non-stop for the next two weeks. I'll be honest with you.
Good news! Last night when I got home from work I found my pearls! And then this morning I found my garnet ring! Both, I believe, were literal miracles. All day yesterday I was getting progressively more bummed out and pretty distraught. I kept wondering if my precious wedding keepsake was around someone else's neck, or possibly floating around some pawn shop in the greater West Michigan area. (The thought sickened me a little.) I spent the day sporadically praying and reciting a prayer to St. Anthony, the Patron Saint of lost/stolen items. I convinced myself to look in my drawer one more time, and told myself that if I didn't find them there, that I would have to accept that they were gone. So I emptied the drawer...again...threw all my slips, belts, winter socks, etc. onto the bed...again and dove hand first into the depths of the drawer. I reached as far as I could up and over the sides of the drawer, patting the inside walls of the dresser as far as I could reach. (I've done this countless times before, mind you.) I was about to give up when my middle finger grazed something soft and padded in the far reaches of the dresser! My pearl box!!! I grabbed on and didn't let go. It took a good amount of awkward/painful prying, but I got them out and they're safe and sound :)
Then this morning I was looking for some earrings in my little earring dish. I picked up a hoop earring, and off swung my garnet ring and it landed with a light "plop" on the carpet right in front of my feet. People, please understand that I'd vigilantly searched my earring dish, one earring at a time, at least twice. It was NOT there.
I think this experience was a great reminder that God is a God of impossibilities and that He cares about the smallest details of our lives, all the way down to sentimental jewelry :) And a side note...Since I was baptized into the Catholic Church (Easter 2009), I've really struggled with the idea of approaching Patron Saints, asking them to pray for us to God. The idea has always seemed a little hokey to me. Since it wasn't a huge hurdle or area of concern, I decided to move forward with my baptism, in faith that God would answer so many open-ended questions I had about Catholicism in His perfect timing. I think that one of my open-ended's just got answered. But seeing as this isn't a blog revolving around theology, I won't go any farther :)
Two weeks from tomorrow, folks. Big day. BIG. DAY. I'm thinking about getting some kind of Hogwarts garb to wear to work on Friday. (I'm weighing that decision carefully, considering the fact that whatever I wear to work, I'll most likely also wear to sign the closing papers for our house.)




1 comment:
So, I have a Gryffindor scarf, subtle, yet definitely HP. You could borrow it for the movie!
Post a Comment