Thursday, February 17, 2011

Moonlight creeping around the corners of our lawn

I'm glad I'm listening to this song (Daylight Fading) 1) because I love Counting Crows and 2) before I went to bed last night I looked out our bedroom window into the lawn and for the first time in a good long while there was no cloud cover; I could see the kind of unsettling, eery light that the moon shines onto the snow to make it seem like daytime out. Anyway, it made me think of this song and smile.

Today, wait for it folks, the high is 54 degree. What, what?! I'm wearing khakis, a long sleeve shirt and a jean jacket. That's it. No scarf, no gloves, no winter coat. It. Is. A mid-February. TREAT! It's amazing how fast mounds of snow will melt.

So my college roommate bought her ticket to AL for May, and so did I. We're officially going to be visiting 1/4 of the Fab Four for the birth of her first baby! I got approval yesterday for the day I'm taking off, so I'm good to go! I really hope Katie can come, it won't be the same without her :(

Yesterday our mirror from J.C. Penney finally came in! We've had a temporary mirror propped up on our bathroom counter for two months and I'm so tired of it! The mirror was back ordered (surprise) since early January, so I've been patiently waiting! We stopped by the store last night to pick it up and, you guessed it, the mirror had shattered during shipping. I was about ready to cry (because I'd had a bad day already), when Dan literally saved the day by finding the exact same mirror by chance on his way to the bathroom. Thank you, Dan! So we brought it home and hope to hang it tonight! Woo hoo!

The exercise room is coming along - but we're kind of at a stand-still right now. We can't put the flooring down until we get the trim up, and we can't put the trim up until we put the door in. We can't put the door in until Dan's dad gets back from Cancun (rough life, right?) because Dan needs his help. So for now, Ramon's coming over on Friday night to help Dan move the treadmill in, sans flooring. (We'll slide the 'mill onto the flooring when it's time.) Last night I got my sit-up bench, so the room has all the gear it just needs the finishing touches. Saturday morning we're buying the trim and door and will prime it and paint it white. (White Dove to be specific) Oh! And in a few weeks we'll order a white (Lily White) wood blind for the window. As Dan said, "I don't want any pervs watching Heidi exercise."

I'm getting Dan a grill for his birthday. I wouldn't be so public about it, but he's well aware. I think he's even going with me on Saturday to get it. Because let's be honest, I can't man handle a grill on my own. I'm excited to start grilling chicken, burgers, etc. I'm most excited about kabobs. Mmmm...veggies drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper...squash, fresh mushrooms, red pepper, cherry tomatoes...delicious!

So I'm getting closer to my goals of wall decor. I know pretty much exactly what I want for each area and it's just a matter of acting on putting in orders, making trips to Novi, etc. I decided that for the hallway from the kitchen into the living room, I want to hang black & white pictures of family in matching dark frames with a wide off-white matting. I LOVE to have pictures of family (my family especially since I never see them) around, but I'm trying really hard not to be trinket-y and have free-standing pictures frames everywhere I look. I think this is a good alternative.

There are some pictures in the running...

My M&D :)


Jeff & Kris (I like that Jeff is wearing an afro wig b/c that's totally his personality)


Jason & Mandsy


Nate & Mercy (LOVE THEM!)


Ben-a-boo :)


Dan's M&D


Ramon & Jessie


I think this will be a project for later though. I'd like to get the more expensive stuff taken care of first :) Pictures will come!

No comments: