Tuesday, May 3, 2011

You'll be the Prince and I'll be the Princess

Okay, commence mocking for 1) being totally into the Royal Wedding and 2) using Taylor Swift to title a post about it.

Thursday night came and I DVR'd 30 Rock and Parks & Recreation in preparation for my Friday morning extravaganza. I planned to wake up at 3:00am to workout, then be in the shower by 4:00am. HAHAHA! I ended up getting up at 4:00, taking a shower, getting ready for work and making breakfast so I'd be able to stay glued to the t.v. until 7:20 when it was time to leave.

I had a lovely morning with myself, my blueberry muffin, my grits and my coffee. I didn't plan to get so excited, but when they started showing live footage of various family members arriving at the church I found myself giddy with anticipation to see Kate and the dress!

As she and her dad waited to walk down the aisle it struck me how emotional that moment was. It wasn't like any dad walking his daughter down any 'ol aisle to give his daughter away to any 'ol husband. He was walking his daughter down the aisle to become a literal Princess. She'd walk up the aisle Kate, and back down the aisle H.R.H. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. Honestly. How often does that even happen?!

A few of my faves: Prince Harry sneaking peaks of Catherine walking down the aisle and reporting back to Prince William. Prince William telling Catherine she "looks beautiful" when he first saw her. AND HOW CATHERINE LITERALLY LOOKED LIKE A PRINCESS IN HER AMAZING DRESS!

I was cranky, irritable and unfocused all day at work, but it was worth it to see history being made.

Oh, and just fyi, this was Catherine's "other" wedding dress that she wore to receptions and parties. I love how her "other" wedding dress is still more beautiful than 90% of the wedding dresses out there. She. Is. Beautiful and I want her hair.



So Dan went down to Fort Wayne on Saturday night/Sunday morning with Ramon and his groomsmen to buy his suit for the wedding. That meant I had a whole day to myself! In typical Heidi fashion, I ran myself ragged and waited to shower until ALL my work was done. (Which meant people at Landscape Impressions, Hobby Lobby, Payless, the grocery store and Home Depot were graced by my lovely post-workout stench.) It was a satisfying day which included (but was not limited to): buying new shoes for me and Dan, buying materials to make a headboard and hauling 400lbs of top soil to my car, out of my car and into the flowerbed.

By 8:00 I was out of the shower (aaahhh...clean), had Eclipse in the DVD player and was making myself a mushroom pizza, about to revel in the solitude of a day well spent. Until...it turned dusk and the little sliver of curtain-less window by the front door started creeping me out. My mother-in-law kindly let me sleep on their couch until Dan and Ramon got home at 3:00 in the morning. Someday I won't be a wuss...someday.

This morning I saw a text from My Person, Becca, saying that the delivery of her wee one will be SOON! I'm so anxious to meet this newest addition to our group. He will be loved by many!

I get to leave work early today for a doctor's appointment downtown! My doctor has a location right down the street from my office, but I refuse to switch locations. Just once a year, I want to drive myself downtown and pretend I'm an independent business woman who knows the ropes of the city and gets parking validated and wears high heels with confidence.

Tonight: Dan mows the lawn and I take on a potentially ant infested flowerbed! Huzzah!

No comments: