Monday my replacement at work came in for a few hours to fill out paperwork and get her "official" start date of December 30 on the books. She seems super cool and easy to get along with - which is a HUGE answer to prayer. I'm really hopeful that she'll help my upcoming transition go as smoothly as possible.
Side note: Not sure if I've mentioned this, but I plan to take maternity leave, obviously. After that, I'll only be returning to work one day a week to handle some of the "big picture" things that are currently on my plate. My replacement will be training in the next three months to handle all the day-to-day
Tuesday I took the day off like any mature adult...because it was my birthday :) Yay! Hello 29...I have high hopes for you! My winner of a husband bought me the box set of the entire series of Sex and the City (which, ahem, includes both movies). I was openly embarrassed since I opened it in front of my in-laws, but I got over that pretty quick and was able to show my true elation and appreciation. His thought was "...for middle-of-the-night nursing sessions." Oh my, Dan for the win.
Wednesday was filled with taking down Christmas decorations. All at once. We woke up with Christmas and went to bed with spring decor out. Typically I slowly transition from "winter" to "spring" but I figure, come March, I'm going to be thinking of much more important things than switching out my winter grapevine wreath in the half bathroom. So...here I sit...with 6+ inches of snow outside, a high of 7 degrees tomorrow, with a "Green Grass" 3-wick candle burning.
Thursday was a normal day at work for me while Dan took the day off...again. The guy made the mistake of not working since Christmas Eve. (In his defense, his work has holidays the two days after Christmas and the two days before New Year's.) So, man, his transition this week is going to be rough. Good luck with that, man.
Friday we drove across the state in FRIGID temperatures to a wedding in Pine Knob. It. Was. Beautiful. And fun to catch up with Dan's college friends and their wives. Everyone was so gracious and kind, telling me I looked "cute and pregnant" while I sat in a chair watching people break it down dancing, complaining that my heels hurt and I was fighting sleep at 9:30pm.
Oh, the ironies as pregnancy. I've realized these two things: I cringe every time I have to pee...which is hourly, at least; yet I insist on taking water with me...everywhere. I'm drinking all the time because I'm thirsty, and turn right around and pee it right out. AND. I tried so long NOT to get pregnant. Then I fretted so long about not being ABLE to get pregnant. Now I AM pregnant (and, don't get me wrong, am loving it), but am already very ready to NOT be pregnant again...only to realize that the closer I get I think, "No! Not yet! I'm not ready! Let me be pregnant longer!" What the WHAT?! I was explaining all of these emotions to Dan and he was baffled and, I think, is one step closer to understanding the emotional roller coaster that is the vast array of female hormones.
On that note...
I don't think I've added these pictures of the little guy to the blog yet. This was our 20 week ultrasound. It's been almost 8 weeks since these were taken...I can't imagine how much bigger he is. He's now almost 2 pounds and just over 14 inches long! Unbelievable!
![]() |
| Cute little button nose :) |
![]() |
| Add caption |
![]() |
| Those tiny baby feet! |
![]() |
| Welcome to the family! :) |
![]() |
| Love the snow until Christmas. Then I'm ready for it to be over. |
I go in for my glucose test this Thursday and I'm terrified because I've craved (and haven't diligently fought) sweets throughout the entire pregnancy. Here's hoping I didn't just give myself gestational diabetes...
![]() |
| Not only is my stomach growing, but so is my butt. HOORAY!!!!!!! I can't explain to you how antsy I am to begin to exercise intensely again. My next pregnancy...man will I do so much differently. |
![]() |
| As I type this, I'm feeling a major case of baby hiccups going on. Practice that breathing, little guy! |





.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment