So...I got to work this morning and found out our server is down indefinitely. GLORIOUS! The time I've been craving for a blog post!
Today has been a good, nay, great day so far. I got up this morning and did some Tae Bo without the a.c. on and I was sweating to a disgusting degree. It really was ridiculous. But I'm getting better at the moves! I used to kind of dread doing it because sometimes the kicks and stuff were confusing and I couldn't keep up. But now it's actually kind of fun! I'm not sure if it's really doing anything for me, but by being winded, sore and sweaty...I've gotta think it's doing at least some good, right?
After Tae Bo I had a rush of productivity before Dan woke up. (This sounds like I was being a good worker-bee, but it's only because I didn't do ANY of the things I'd planned on doing last night and alas, had to make up for it before work today.) So I washed last night's gross supper dishes, made lunches, cleaned off my desk, steamed some veggies for myself to have for lunch the rest of the week and got breakfast stuff around.
THEN, on my way to work, I stopped at Starbucks because I wanted to get a few coffee mugs I've had my eye on for a while. Dan just got himself a treat in the form of a ginormous new shower head, so I'm due for something fun. I told myself I'd spend X amount of money, and however many mugs I could get for that much, I'd just have to live with it and ask for the rest for Christmas. So I pulled in and went up the display where I'd seen the beauties, and to my horror, they were GONE! The shelf was stocked with all of the new falls merchandise! Horror! So I came to terms with missing my opportunity and looked at some of their other stuff. Then, buried down deep on the bottom shelf, I found 4 of the 6 mugs I'd been wanting on clearance for 50% off! To celebrate, I also bought myself a tall soy latte. (The first soy product I've had from Starbucks...and it was delicious!)
To top it all off, the high is only 79 today, which means there will be a chill in the air tonight. A good way to start September. It's supposed to rain on and off all day. Ah, glorious gloomy days.
In ADDITION (yes, there's more) to all these wonderful things that have made this day good, Dan is eating supper with some friends tonight to do their Fantasy Football Draft. Which means I get an evening (or at least a couple hours) to myself! I'm debating between watching a Twilight movie or Marley & Me, all of which Dan hates. I'm also going to be prepping (boiling and shredding chicken, chopping onions and celery) for my first stab at Curry Chicken tomorrow night. Yikes! I'm so excited. I hope it turns out!
This week will hopefully finish up quickly. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment at 2:00, which should be a good way to break up the day. Then Friday I leave the office at 1:00 to head to Lake Erie for Labor Day weekend. (My responsibilities are desserts...oatmeal chocolate cookies, peanut butter cookies and puppy chow. All of which needs to be made Thursday night...not to mention packing.)
Well, now everyone has a run-down of my personal schedule. Sorry. I know it wasn't super entertaining or insightful.
I'm freaking out about change and I need to start actively making more time in my schedule for prayer and devotion about it. There are so many people and issues that I keep meaning to pray and meditate over, but I always selfishly choose my own schedule first. It's bad. And I need to change it.
"To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances; to seek Him, the greatest adventure; to find Him, the greatest human achievement." -St. Augustine
Today is my parents' 42nd wedding anniversary :) To honor the occasion, here are some pictures! Happy Anniversary, M&D!! Love you!



2 comments:
yay for good days!ironically, your good day was ny bad day... almost exactly opposite... but i'll tell you about that later.
i love the pics of mom and dad! where did you get them? i want some!!
IDK if you know this but if you get a starbucks gift card you can register it on there web site. Once you do this you get to add soy, syrups, free refills on brew coffee and tea and so many other wonderful perks!
You can transfer a balance from another card onto your registered one or just keep reloading the one you have
Sounds like a pain but I am cheap and will take free perks for my 5 dollars coffee anytime!
Post a Comment