Happy post Labor Day weekend! I wish I was feeling motivated and proactive. If I was, I would have pictures from this past weekend ready to upload and share with the world. Unfortunately, I'm not and I don't. But they're coming! Sadly, it was a cold, windy weekend in Ashtabula, OH on the beaches of Lake Erie. There was no fishing and definitely no swimming (except by Jay, Lisa and my oh-so-daring husband...like I said...pictures to come). The 5 1/2 hour drive was worth it, though. We spent with weekend with the delightful Savaet clan, the Lewis couple, the Snods and their adorable son Brennan and we finally met Lisa, Jay's girlfriend. (Me and Dan were so nervous that we wouldn't like her. Jay is like a surrogate son to us, so approving of his girlfriend is of utmost importance. Luckily, she's a pure gem!)
A few weeks ago I bought a little trial size packet of coffee from World Market. "Why's that?" you may ask. Well...because it was pumpkin spice flavored coffee. Oh yeah. I vowed not to open it until September 21st because I strongly disapprove of participating in any seasonal activity before the appropriate time. HOWEVER, this morning I ran out of coffee and this was all I had. Lucky for Dan, he left for work early this morning which meant he didn't have to listen to me rave about how good it was for half an hour. Needless to say, I'll be going back to World Market for, how do you a say, a definitely non-trial size bag of this stuff. (I like to think my fall coffee is slightly justified by the fact that it was 50 degrees this morning and the high is only 63.)
I have a feeling that in years to come, I'll look back on this era of my life as, "Remember that time I quit the gym?" Regrettably, this was a very poor decision. I quit, knowing and embracing the fact that we would save $20 a month. So I bought some Tae Bo DVD's and had every intention of breaking it down with Billy Blanks. Don't get me wrong - they're fine and they work for some people, I'm sure. But for me, I just don't feel like it does enough for my overall activity and fitness level to feel motivated enough to get up at 5:00am, bleary-eyed and stiff, to pop in a DVD. I'll power through and get up a few mornings a week to do my punches and kicks. But I'm feeling the lack of running - feeling it all over my slowly chubbing bod. I guess after six years of regular running, it's in my blood and I can't escape it. I'll never be long-distance or competitive runner, but I think it's safe to say that for me, running is the most satisfying and complete workout there is. I'll have to deal with and come to terms with the fact that, until I start running again, I'll feel yuck. Dan has his t.v. fund for when we buy a house - he's been slowly putting money away. I've realized that my savings goal will be a treadmill. I've already started online shopping for one. Hopefully by the beginning of 2011, I'll be close to jumping back on that moving belt.
Last night me and Dan bought the new season of The Office that came out and watched three straight hours last night after supper. It was fun while it was happening, but gross now that I look back on it. I even left the supper dishes, unrinsed, helter skelter all over the kitchen counter for future Heidi to deal with in the morning. Unfortunately, future Heidi turned into present Heidi this morning at 6:30.
Hopefully my next post will include Labor Day pictures. Until then, I leave you with these gems...


No comments:
Post a Comment